5 Fish Oil Supplements Health Benefits
Here are 5 Fish Oil Supplements Health Benefits. Fish Oil is beneficial and their supplements usually come in the form of soft capsules or tonics. Most of fish oil supplements health benefits are derived from the Omega 3 fatty acids that are present in them. Some useful essential fatty acids that provide these health benefits are Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), Alpha-linolenic acid(ALA) and Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
- Heart Disease Fish oil supplements are rich in Omega 3. Omega 3 has been proven to help reduce the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases. It lowers the level of bad LDL cholesterol and increases the level of good HDL cholesterol. Studies have shown that high levels of omega-3 fatty acids found in our blood could decrease the risk of dying of heart failure by up to 90%. It also reduces the levels of excess triglycerides and prevents more from accumulating, reducing the risk of heart diseases and fatal heart arrhythmias. Another health benefit is that they help treat heart strokes and with regular consumption prevent sudden cardiac deaths.
- Weight Loss Another one of the many fish oil supplements health benefits is that it provides help with weight loss. Research shows that fish oil makes exercising to lose weight more effective. Fish oil makes exercising have a greater impact on one’s exercise regimen. It also helps maintain one’s body shape and body composition.
- Arthritis Another health benefit of fish oil supplements is that they can help treat arthritis, rheumatism and Raynaud’s symptoms. They can help reduce the need for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Fish oil supplements also reduce the chance of inflammation and morning stiffness that commonly occur in arthritis patients. They treat osteoarthritis by reducing the effect of the enzymes that damage cartilage. Studies show that consuming the omega 3 acids found in these supplements has reduced the occurrence of tender joints but had no effect on joint damage. However, you must be careful of potential side effects that might exist for arthritis patients.
- Eye Disorder Another health benefit is to help improve your eyesight and prevent eye disorders. These supplements also help prevent age-related macular degeneration. Regular consumption is beneficial as it reduces the chances of eye disorders and improves eyesight.
- Skin care Another fish oil supplements health benefit is that it helps make dry and poor skin turn shiny and glow. Fish oil supplements can be used to treat skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, itching, rashes and skin lesions. EPA found in fish oil supplements limits the growth of pro-inflammatory agents by creating arachidonic acid. Regular consumption in the form of capsules helps retain moisture in your skin. Some people claim that fish oil supplements help prevent sunburn too. You can also get relief from psoriasis by topically applying fish oil.
In conclusion,there are many health benefits from fish oil that would certainly encourage you to make fish oil supplements a part of your routine. However, please remember that you should adhere to the dosage guidelines and not overdo a fish oil regimen. As always, consult a doctor before beginning a serious regimen.