Looking for 5 flounder fishing tips? Fishing can be a very relaxing experience, and with our tips, hopefully you'll be able to fill your cooler up with fresh flounder!
- Mud. Flounder are always on the look for an easy mound, so if you disturb the mud, you may attract the flounder. By pounding the mud with an object, chances are that the disturbance will pique the interest of the flounder enough to make them come to take a look. Food items often sink to the bottom, so when you move the mud around, that food will be released into the stream, so you won't even need bait.
- Variety. If causing a disturbance in the mud doesn't attract the flounder, you will want to have a variety of bait on hand as a second option. Flounders can be very picky eaters, and just because they like a certain bait one day, doesn't mean that they will like it the next day. The best variety of bait to take along on your fishing trip is bloodworms, sandworms, clams, and mussel.
- Chumming. For this process, you will want to purchase frozen clam or mussel chum. If you know where you will be fishing in advance, you can take a five gallon pot of this frozen chum and tie it by your favorite fishing spot for a couple of days. Being that the chum is frozen, as it thaws, the scent of the bait will travel throughout the water, which will attract the flounder to that general location.
- Temperature. Flounder do not like cold temperatures, so make sure to take that into account when planning your fishing outing. Do not bother going after flounder until the water temperatures reach at least 42 degrees. As the water gets warmer, the flounder will become more active.
- Sinkers. The final tip on our list of five flounder fishing tips is to use the proper weighted sinker. You want to keep your line as straight down from the boat as possible. That means that you will most likely need an eight or ten ounce sinker. It is also recommended that you get your line as close as to the bottom as possible. Depending on the depth of the water you are fishing in, a eighteen or twenty ounce sinker may be needed.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.