If you find that you are often constipated, then you will want to try these five foods that are natural laxatives. Having regular bowel movements is important, because it is your body’s way of cleansing itself. The problem with prescription laxatives is that they are not natural and people can become dependant on them. For a natural and healthy way to move your bowels, try eating these five foods that are natural laxatives.
- Nuts. Since they are high in fiber, nuts are one of the foods that are natural laxatives. Not only are almonds high in fiber, they are also high in healthy omega three fatty acids. Nuts are very healthy, but should only be eaten as a snack since they are also high in calories. Just one serving of nuts can go a long way in working as a natural laxative.
- Chocolate. Besides tasting wonderful, chocolate is also a food that is a natural laxative. The caffeine in chocolate is a natural way to help stimulate your bowels. Dark chocolate is the best choice if your trying to get your bowels to move. It only takes a small piece of dark chocolate to get your bowls moving. As an added benefit ,chocolate will also help lift your mood.
- Cabbage. Cabbage is one of the best and most popular food that is a natural laxative. It is just an all around healthy food. Cabbage is a great food to eat when you want to give your body a natural cleanse. Besides working as a natural laxative, eating cabbage will also help get rid of toxins that can build up in the intestinal tract.
- Fruits. Most fruits are high in fiber and are natural laxatives. Grapes, plums, and pineapples, taste great and are foods that are natural laxatives. If your in the mood for tropical fruits try eating mangos and coconuts. If you get tired of eating fruits, try some dried fruits to add variety. Dried apricots and dried apple chips are a great twist when your trying to get fruits into your diet.
- Whole Grains. Since whole grains contain a large amount fiber, they are a natural laxatives. Brown rice, which can be prepare a lot of different ways, is one of the whole grain foods, that is a natural laxative. For cereal lovers, whole grain cereals will work as natural laxatives. Oatmeal and whole grain breads are also good whole grains that will keep the bowels moving in the right direction.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.