Need to know 5 foods that boost immune system? Your immune system is extremely important for the support of efficient functioning of the body. The immune system guards you against diseases and virus that could be harmful. Eating foods that help to boost your immune system will help you to provide the nutrients necessary for a strong immune system. The following are five foods that boost immune system to help keep you strong and healthy.
- Vegetables: Eating plenty of vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and broccoli are great sources of vitamin C, calcium and are natural antioxidants. Leafy greens such as spinach is also high in beta carotene, vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and antioxidants all of which are needed for strong immune systems.
- Fresh fruits: Citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruits are packed with vitamin C, vitamin A and antioxidants. Also eat plenty of blueberries, strawberries and apples to get healthy doses of vitamins and antioxidants.
- Garlic: Use it to flavor your foods while getting a boost of antioxidants. Using garlic is a great antioxidant and provides a number of healthy benefits such as helping to fight a cold, reduce the risk of heart disease and some cancers.
- Nuts: When trying to decide on a snack, opt for almonds or sunflower seeds. Having a handful of nuts will help the immune system to fight respiratory infections. Nuts are packed with Vitamin E which is also good for your skin.
- Protein: Eating chicken, fish and dairy products provide you with large doses of vitamins and antioxidants for fighting germs. Vegetarians can get good doses of protein through tofu and grains. Red meat such as ground beef contains zinc which is highly beneficial to the immune system.
As this list of five foods that boost your immune system shows, staying healthy does not mean you have forego foods that taste good. Using items such as horseradish, turmeric, garlic and onions to add flavor to your meals will also give your immune system much needed boosts of antioxidants.