Are you tired of eating and then feeling all puffy and bloated, well here are 5 foods that cause bloating. Usually the same foods that cause gas can cause feelings of being bloated and bigger then normal. Some of these might be on your list of favorite foods, but the side effects are not so great and sometimes keep you from enjoying these foods at all. So here are 5 foods to watch out for when your trying to cut down on bloating.
- Beans – Both dried and canned beans can cause gas and bloating. The cause of this is a sugar found in the beans. Some people recommend cooking beans with a pinch of baking soda to help cut back on the gas producing effects of beans. There are also products that you can purchase, such as over the counter pills containing simethicone, that will help cut down on the gassy effects of these foods.
- Broccoli – This vegetable causes gas and bloating no matter whether you start with fresh or frozen. The cause of the gassiness is a sugar in the vegetable. Other vegetables can cause the same problem such as cauliflower, cabbage and brussel sprouts. The same over the counter products that can help with the gassiness caused by beans can help with vegetables also.
- Fruits – Fruits such as raw apples, bananas, peaches, pears and melons can cause gas and bloating. The cause of gassiness from fruit is the fruit sugar. Sometimes even the juices from these fruits can cause gas and bloating. Not all fruits can cause this so try to limit the amounts of any fruits you find to affect you in this way.
- Sweeteners – Certain sweeteners used in sugar-free candy can cause gassiness. Sweeteners like sorbitol, xylitol and mannitol can cause gas and diarrhea. So if your on a diet or diabetic remember to try not to overdue eating the sugar-free candies and chocolates.
- Carbonated drinks – Any carbonated drinks such as soft drinks, champagne, beer can be a cause of gas. The carbonation tends to lead to gas formation which leaves a person feeling bloated. A better way to stay hydrated without the gas is to drink water or tea. Not only are these liquids better for you but they won't produce the gas that the carbonated beverages will.
Sometimes keeping these 5 foods that cause bloating from affecting you too badly is as simple as just eating less of them. For gas and bloat causing beans and vegetables, there are products on the market that you can add to the food or take before eating. These products help to lessen the gas and bloating cause by eating the foods. For the others simply cut back some and see if it doesn't lessen the more undesirable effects of them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.