These 5 foods to eat for rheumatoid arthritis can help relieve the symptoms that come along with it. The right diet can mean everything to your health and there are several foods to eat for rheumatoid arthritis. Eating a diverse and nutritious diet, as well as maintaining a healthy body weight are extremely important to controlling rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and improving your overall quality of life.
- Salmon. Foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids may help to relieve joint pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis. Salmon is one of the best sources. Fish oil supplements can also be a good addition to your diet, but can sometimes cause an upset stomach. Fatty fishes like salmon, mackerel, or herring are often a better choice.
- Walnuts. Another good source of omega-3 fatty acids are walnuts. Many people with rheumatoid arthritis can benefit from eating less saturated fats. Walnuts can be a healthy alternative to snacks that are high in saturated fats.
- Canola oil. People with rheumatoid arthritis often benefit from eating less foods that contain omega-6 fatty acids. Unlike omega-3, these fatty acids can cause increased inflammation. Corn oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, wheat germ oil, and sesame oil are all high in omega-6 fatty acids. Excluding these oils from your diet and instead using canola oil in the kitchen can be beneficial.
- Milk. While milk will not treat the condition, it can be extremely important in a rheumatoid arthritis diet. People with rheumatoid arthritis are at increased risk for bone loss. A diet that includes plenty of calcium and vitamin D, both found in milk, can help prevent bone loss.
- Spinach. Folic acid, also known as folate, is a B vitamin that is an important part of a diet to help rheumatoid arthritis. While folic acid supplements are available, it is also found in many common foods. Spinach is a good source of folic acid that is easy to incorporate into anyone's diet. Several types of beans, asparagus, and collard greens are also excellent sources.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?