Becoming familiar with 5 foods to eat when you have diarrhea will help you recover faster from bouts of this digestion problem. Dealing with diarrhea is often exhausting, and knowing which foods to eat when you have diarrhea may be your best defense. After all, food is nature’s medicine.
- Bananas. Bananas are a great food to eat when you have diarrhea. Bananas are easy to digest, and they are high in potassium which is lost through diarrhea. Bananas are soothing, filling and readily available.
- Rice. Eat plain rice during bouts of diarrhea. Rice is easy on the digestive system. It is also low in fiber and helps slow down the gastrointestinal tract, which is beneficial for cases of diarrhea.
- Applesauce. Incorporate applesauce into your diet when you are suffering with diarrhea. Applesauce contains pectin, a water-soluble fiber, which is known to help reduce diarrhea. Applesauce is also very nutritious, containing an appropriate balance of vitamins and sugar.
- Boiled Eggs. The body loses energy during diarrhea. Eggs provide protein which energizes the body and gives it strength. Avoid fatigue by eating well-cooked eggs during periods of diarrhea.
- Pretzels. Eat salted pretzels while dealing with diarrhea. This will help your body retain water and keep you from becoming dehydrated from your diarrhea. The salted pretzels will also help sooth and settle your stomach.
Diarrhea is both uncomfortable and unpleasant. However, knowing five beneficial foods to eat when you have diarrhea will help you feel better sooner. Overcome your diarrhea by eating appropriate foods. Make sure you also drink plenty of fluids such as water, herbal tea or Gatorade.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.