5 Foods For Good Hair
Good hair starts with a healthy diet, including these 5 foods for good hair. Hair needs an ample supply of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and other essential nutrients to grow strong, shiny hair and to keep your scalp healthy. Grow strong healthy hair with by adding foods good for hair to your diet.
- Salmon. Salmon is a rich source of protein that is filled with B-12 and omega-3 fatty acid which will aid in the production of strong healthy hair. Eating salmon will help you avoid a dry scalp and dull looking hair.
- Spinach, Carrots, and Broccoli. Spinach, carrots, and broccoli contain vitamins A and C which aids the body in producing sebum which is secreted by the sebaceous glands. Sebum is an oily, waxy substance that is secreted by hair follicles and acts as a natural conditioner for hair and promotes a healthy scalp.
- Legumes. Legumes are kidney beans, lentils, chick peas, and other dried beans. Legumes are rich in plant protein, iron, zinc, and biotin which are essential for strong healthy hair and to avoid brittle hair.
- Nuts. Nuts should be a part of your daily diet. One ounce of Brazil nuts, cashews, pecans or almonds can supply enough zinc, alpha linolenic acid, and omega-3 fatty acid to prevent the shedding of hair.
- Eggs. Eggs are a great source of protein and vitamin B-12. Hair is 91 percent protein called keratin making a diet rich in protein essential for healthy, shiny hair. A lack of protein in the diet will cause weak brittle hair and can result in a loss of hair color.