5 Foods Good For Hair
If you're interested in keeping a head of healthy locks, you'll want to make sure you're eating these five foods good for hair. The foods that you need for healthy hair are much the same as the foods you need to keep your whole body healthy. Hair will reflect the general health of the body, so if you keep the body healthy, your hair should be fine. But, these foods in particular can help with healthy hair.
- Whole grain - Whether you're eating rice, pasta or bread, you should avoid the overly processed versions and stick with whole grain. Whole grain foods are a great source of riboflavin and this vitamin is necessary for healthy hair growth.
- Lean meats - Meats are sources of proteins and vitamins that are necessary for healthy hair growth. But, it's important not to eat too much fatty cuts of meat; stick with leaner chicken, fish and turkey.
- Watermelon - Everyone loves watermelon, and with good reason! This favorite summer fruit is a good source of thiamin, another vitamin that is good for hair and hair growth.
- Spinach - Iron deficiencies can lead to hair loss, among many other symptoms. Spinach is good for the body in many ways, one of which is as an important source of iron. So, be like Popeye and be sure to eat your spinach!
- Berries - Berries are a great source of antioxidants which can help prevent some forms of hair loss. Blueberries are an especially rich source of antioxidants, but feel free to enjoy strawberries or raspberries, too.