5 Foods For Healthy Skin
There are many great foods for healthy skin out there like these 5 foods for healthy skin. For this article, five of the best and most well-rounded options were selected. According to some experts, healthy skin starts in the grocery store, not the skin care product aisles. While cleansers, toners, moisturizers and other products do have value, your diet is the only sure way to have healthy skin.
- Low Fat Yogurt. Low fat yogurt is one of the best possible foods for healthy skin. It's full of vitamin A and is beneficial to many groups of individuals, particularly diabetics and people with thyroid issues. Vitamin A is often used to treat various skin conditions such as acne and other blemishes.
- Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatoes are not only low in carbs, but they also provide essential nutrients for healthy skin. They have large quantities of beta carotene which is an antioxidant that will work wonders on your complexion. Sweet potatoes are also rumored to have properties that protect against sun damage.
- Kiwi. Kiwi is not only a juicy and delicious fruit. It contains more vitamin C per ounce than most other fruits out there. Vitamin C is best known for its ability to regulate collagen, which is essential for healthy skin. Food doesn't get much better than kiwi fruit.
- Salmon. There are all kinds of fish that are good for healthy skin, but salmon is probably the most healthy option out there. Salmon is full of essential fatty acids that you will not find in most foods.
- Turkey. The next time you are celebrating Thanksgiving with turkey, you can feel good about the food you are eating because it's full of zinc, something we all need for healthy skin. You'll want to avoid flavored turkeys due to the high content of sugar and salt. Plain roasted or smoked turkey is the healthiest choice.
There are many more foods out there to help promote healthy skin, but the above choices are some of the healthiest out there. A balanced diet will do far more for your skin than any beauty products you can purchase.