If you are having difficulty with bowel movements, it's helpful to know the 5 foods that help constipation. Constipation is caused by bowel movements that are too solid and thus quite difficult to pass. It is a very common problem with men and women alike and it affects as much as 30 percent of the population at any given time. Constipation can be caused by a number of things, including the kinds of food you eat as well as various medications. Eating the proper foods will not always solve the problem of constipation, but in many cases, it will help.
- Water. Surprisingly enough, drinking more water can alleviate constipation. Lack of water is the most basic cause of hard stool, which is what causes constipation.
- Kidney beans. A half cup of kidney beans provides you with six grams of fiber, plus a healthy amount of protein. If you are fighting constipation, 25 to 30 grams of fiber is recommended by the American Dietetic Association. Kidney beans go well in salads, bean dip or chili.
- Almonds. A handful of almonds a day is enough to relieve constipation. Almonds will also block the absorption of bad cholesterol. Almonds go well in chicken salads and are also eaten as snacks.
- Brown rice. A single cup of brown rice has four grams of fiber, which is about one-sixth of your suggested daily fiber intake. Brown rice makes a great part of lunch or dinner.
- Apples. A single apple has close to four grams of fiber. Apples are highly versatile and can be eaten as part of breakfast, lunch or dinner. In addition to helping with constipation, apples have numerous other health benefits as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.