These five foods that increase serotonin may be foods that surprise you. In fact, there are more than 5 foods listed here that increase serotonin, each for their own reason. While proper nutrition is certainly an issue that needs addressed when it comes to things like raising serotonin levels to avoid or combat depression, there are specific foods that are needed to deal with secondary depression factors, such as proper sleep and exercise. This list here provides plenty of room for variety so that even the pickiest eater can meet a goal of naturally combatting depression.
- Boost trytophan levels. Serotonin is built on the foundation of the amino acid trytophan. There are a multitude of foods that contain this chemical and they offer more than just a boost for serotonin levels. Free range turkey and beef, flaxseed, bananas and organic eggs are all great sources of tryptophan. Not only do they boost serotonin levels, but they also offer chemical free ways of providing protein needed for energy.
- Don't underestimate melotonin. As people sleep, the serotonin levels in their bodies have a chance to regenerate themselves. Melotonin is the chemical that tells people that it's time to sleep.Sour cherries are one way to increase melotonin levels so that you can get the proper rest you need and naturally boost your serotonin levels by default.
- Use the fat. Since quite a large portion of the brain is made up of fatty acids, omega-3 fatty acids can improve the overall performance of the brain, which will naturally increase serotonin levels. Eggs and wild fish such as salmon and herring are a fantastic source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eat some broccoli in the sun! Vitamin D is produced by the body when the body absorbs sunlight. It's also found in foods like broccoli and whole milk. Vitamin D deficiency can have an enormous impact on how the body functions. A deficiency can cause nerve issues as well as depression, so make sure you have plenty of this in your diet.
- Learn to love dark chocolate. Cocoa is a natural source of serotonin. Dark chocolate has more cocoa and less sugar than other, lighter chocolates. It's also rumored to be an aphrodisiac, the result of which is bound to decrease depression!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …