What are 5 foods that increase sperm count? Infertility in men is frequently due to a low sperm count. Taking measures to boost sperm count, for example through nutrition, is a simple, natural way to address trouble conceiving. Try adding these foods to your diet and increase your sperm count naturally.
- Eat your berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are ideal for increasing sperm count. They are rich in vitamin C as well as bioflavonoids. This nutrient combination is important for sperm production. Vitamin C also improves sperm motility.
- Mushrooms. Mushrooms are rich in several important nutrients for reproductive health, including selenium, B vitamins, and zinc. Selenium deficiencies can lead to a low sperm count. B vitamins are necessary for reproductive gland function, and zinc is found in high concentrations in healthy semen.
- Start eating tofu. If you don't already, make sure to add tofu and other soy products to your diet. Soybeans are one of the most important foods that increase sperm count. They are rich in minerals, but also amino acids such as arginine and methionine, which act to boost numbers, improve motility, and protect cells from free radical damage.
- Yes, you have to eat your greens. Dark green leafy vegetables are important fertility foods because they are packed with necessary nutrients, including vitamin E and beta carotene. Vitamin E helps to increase sperm count and also balances hormone production. Beta carotene turns into vitamin A in the body, which is needed for the proper functioning of the reproductive glands.
- Snack on pumpkin seeds. High in zinc, amino acids such as arginine as well as manganese have essential fatty acids for reproductive health, these little pepitas may be the best food to eat to increase sperm count. Most people don't eat this food outside of the holiday season, but keeping them around the house as your pro-fertility snack is not a bad idea.