These 5 foods that make you constipated all have the potential to badly disrupt your digestion. Sometimes constipation can be caused by not drinking enough water, and it’s also caused by certain medical conditions. Even in those cases, these foods can easily be a contributing factor that could make things worse.
- Dairy is one of the most well known foods that can make you constipated. This would include everything from cheese to milk and ice cream. The food has no fiber whatsoever, and if you eat it alone, it leads to hardened stool.
- Meat has a lot of potential to make you constipated. It’s generally a challenge for your body to digest meat in certain situations, and if you don’t take in enough fiber and water along with the meat, you could end up with very hardened feces. When the feces gets too firm, that’s a recipe for severe constipation problems.
- Processed foods, including frozen foods and canned foods, have the potential to make you constipated because they can often lead to dehydration. These foods have a lot of salt and chemicals that will disrupt your body’s normal cycles.
- White bread has the potential to make you constipated because it doesn’t have a lot of fiber. Fiber is the most important thing when it comes to softening the stool, and if you’re eating white bread all the time, you probably aren’t getting enough fiber in your diet.
- Sweets will make you constipated for the same reasons that white bread does. You’re taking in a lot of calories without much fiber, so you fill up eating foods that don’t aid your digestion very much.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.