Avoiding the top 5 foods that make you fat can help you keep, or obtain, a trim waistline. Although delicious, consuming fatty foods leads to numerous health problems including hypertension, high cholesterol, and weight gain.
- Whole Fat Milk. While milk contains many vitamins and minerals, it also has large amounts of fat and calories. One eight-ounce glass of whole-fat milk contains 150 calories and 23 percent of the recommended daily intake of saturated fat. Switching to low-fat milk can reduce your intake to 105 calories and seven percent saturated fat. Or better yet, you can opt for fat-free milk.
- Processed Meats. Hot dogs, bologna and sausages are among the five foods that make you fat. Processed meats are filled with calories, sodium and fats. Bologna, salami, and pepperoni contain more fat and sodium than any other processed meat. Not only will these foods make for a quick and tasty lunch, but they will also make you fat.
- Fried Foods. It’s no secret that deep-fried foods like French fries, onion rings and chicken, will make you fat. Some deep fried foods even contain trans fats which are added during the production process that adds hydrogen to vegetable oil. Skipping that large plate of fish and chips from your favorite fast food restaurant can help you avoid another of the five foods that make you fat.
- Diet Soda. Since diet soda has either very few or no calories at all, it may seem like an easy way to cut back and lose weight. Studies have proven that the opposite is true. In fact, the risk of obesity increases by 41 percent for each soda consumed daily.
- Sugary Breakfast Cereals. Many popular breakfast cereals contain huge amounts of simple carbohydrates and sugars. Simple carbohydrates cause your blood glucose level to rise quickly. The liver responds by producing extra insulin, which is the hormone needed to store fat in your body. Thus, sugary breakfast foods are among the foods that make you fat.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …