5 Foods That Make You Gain Weight
These 5 foods that make you gain weight are some of the foods that should be avoided by those that are concerned about their weight and overall health. A lot of times, the foods that make you gain weight are also damaging to other areas of your body.
- Soda Pop. Soda makes you gain weight because of the sugar content. Diet sodas are also unhealthy for you, even if they don't make you gain weight. Not only is soda bad for your weight, but it's horrible for your teeth.
- Soft breads. White bread is the biggest culprit. Even if it says it has vitamins in it, it also has tons of fats and sugars in it. The rule of thumb is that the harder the fresh piece of bread is, the better it is for you. That's because it has grains in it rather than just flour and sugar. Healthy bread is usually more filling, causing you to eat less.
- Whole milk. Humans are the only mammals that drink milk regularly after infancy. That means that humans are drinking it for pleasure rather than need. Broccoli and other options offer the calcium benefits that milk has. If you do drink milk, try drinking skim or 2%.
- Deep fried foods. Any food that are deep fried are fattening. Period. It's not just because they are fried in grease either. However, frying them in grease means that some of the unhealthy oils that can cook out of foods during baking or steaming are not allowed to come out since the food is submerged in grease.
- Salad dressing. You know all that work you just put into making a beautiful and filling salad? Well, half the effort is lost as soon as you put salad dressing on it, even if it's fat free. Fat free salad dressing has less fat, but more sugar. Try using vinegar and oil as a salad dressing.