Here is a list of 5 foods that make you tired. You may be planning a hot date or a day of strenuous activity and don't need to eat anything that makes you tired. If this is the case, then avoid the following foods. Instead, try high protein foods and less carbs. If you're planning on going to bed soon and you're hungry, then try some of the foods in this list.
- Spaghetti – Pasta is notorious for making people tired. Pasta boosts your insulin levels. You may get tired once the insulin begins to drop again.
- Turkey – Turkey contains tryptophan, which helps you to produce niacin, which helps you to produce seratonin, which calms the brain and makes you tired.
- Mashed Potatoes – Mashed potatoes have a high glycemic index. This will make you tired. In fact, most starchy foods will make you tired.
- Eggs – Eggs are sure to make you tired if you eat enough of them, especially if you eat egg fu yung in a low quality Chinese restaurant with TV dinner style carrots and peas. If you really want to doze off, try the shrimp and lobster sauce with the raw eggs on top.
- Rice – Rice is a starchy food with a high glycemic index. It usually comes with your egg fu yung in large quantities. If you really really want to go to bed early, order an extra batch of white rice with your meal.
Now you know several foods that make you tired. If that's your goal, then head on over to a Chinese or Italian restaurant and have a field day.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.