5 Foods That Naturally Give Your Energy
You’re ready to start a new healthy lifestyle diet and we have 5 foods that naturally give you energy to incorporate into your daily diet plan. You can do away with energy drinks and instead reach for the nature’s natural energy boosters. Natural is always better than chemical, keep that in mind.
- Whole Grains. High in fiber, rich in antioxidants and they slow the absorption of sugar. Bagels, whole-wheat bread, pasta, rice and oatmeal are fantastic foods that naturally give you energy so that you don’t feel fatigue during the day.
- Complex Carbs. Slow burning carbohydrates allow the body fuel throughout the day allowing a more balanced release of energy. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash are great side dishes for your daily menu.
- Omega 3s fatty acids. High in protein and a top food that naturally gives you energy. Salmon is a great choice as it contains vitamin B which is great for heart health.
- Nuts & Seeds. Almonds, pistachios and flaxseed are high in protein and can also help with the necessary intake of Vitamin E and magnesium. Eat just a handful a day.
- Yogurt. Contains 17 grams of carbs for that energy charge. What makes these an awesome choice as one of the best five energy foods is that yogurt comes in a variety of flavors. Wonderful way of sprucing up the healthy diet menu with a burst of new flavors daily.
While there are quick energy boosters like fruits, vegetables and honey, in a healthy diet that allows you to have energy all day you’ll need more than just a quick fix. Eat wholesome foods like oatmeal for breakfast, snack on low fat dairy products and nuts and you will find you’ll store enough energy daily.