Here is a list of 5 foods that prevent bloating. Bloating can put a cramp in your style (no pun intended) and while antacids can be taken to relieve bloating, you can prevent bloating altogether by eating the right foods:
- Herbal teas. Teas can act as a diuretic, which can help get your bowels moving. Tea also breaks up gas bubbles that can develop from bloating. Coffee should be avoided; while it is also a diuretic, it is much more acidic, which causes a build up of gas to occur.
- Rice Flour. The American College of Gastroenterology says a high fiber diet can aggravate bloating symptoms by not fully digesting, but rice flour is fully absorbed in the small intestines so it produces less gas.
- Yogurt. Yogurt contains bacteria (probiotics-the good kind), which aid in digestion. Yogurt also relieves nausea which often occurs with bloating.
- Pineapple. Pineapple contains bromelaine, a plant enzyme with anti-inflammatory properties. Bromelanie stimulates the digestive system and helps remove toxins.
- Green, Leafy Vegetables. Green, leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium, which restores gut function and relieves bloating. Note: Some vegetables, like broccoli and cabbage are so rich in fiber they are difficult to digest; this can increase bloating. To avoid bloating, try cooking your vegetables; you will receive all the benefits, minus the bloating.
7 percent of Americans suffer from chronic bloating and most everyone suffers from occasional bloating, it is important to note that bloating can be a symptom of a more serious condition, such as Celiac's disease, which requires professional medical attention.
Stone,Christian M.D. (2009). Risk of Arterial Thrombortic Events in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. American Journal Gastroenterol.104:1445–1451, 2009.
Beuth J. (2008). Proteolytic enzyme therapy in evidence-based complementary oncology: fact of fiction? Integr Cancer Ther. 7:311-316, 2008
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."