Wondering about the 5 foods that prevent blood clots? By adding a few foods which are believed to help prevent blood clots, the need for medication may be decreased. Patients who are attempting to reduce the risk of blood clots need not eat blood thinning foods only, but by adding a few of these foods each week, the need for medication may be substantially reduced over time.
- Spices. Chili pepper and cinnamon are two spices which are known to help prevent blood clots. Ginger, oregano, and turmeric are high in salicylates which can be helpful in warding off blood clots. Cooking with garlic and onion can also be beneficial to those with blood clot concerns.
- Melons. Add variety to the diet with honeydew or cantaloupe melons. Melons are not only great foods to prevent blood blots, but orange melons are high in beta carotene.
- Kale. Not only is kale a great food to prevent blood clots due to its plethora of Vitamin K, it is also high in beta carotene, lutein, and is an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Fruits. Raisins, blueberries, strawberries, tangerines, and oranges are high in salicylates which are known to prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Fish. Plentiful in omega-3 fatty acids, various types of fish are beneficial in preventing blood clots. Consider adding anchovies, salmon, albacore tuna, mackerel, or herring to the diet at least once a week.
Patients who have previously been diagnosed with blood clots should not rely on dietary means alone to prevent future clots. Additionally, patients who are currently being treated with medications (such as warfarin) to control blood clots should discuss how foods that prevent blood clots can interact with blood thinning medications. For otherwise healthy individuals, though, adding a few of the five foods that prevent blood clots above to the weekly menu can provide excellent health benefits.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.