5 Foods That Prevent Cancer
Take care of your health by increasing your consumption of these 5 foods that prevent cancer. Preventing disease is always easier than receiving medical treatments or searching for a cure.
- Garlic. Garlic contains a number of compounds that strengthen the immune system and help prevent cancer of the skin, stomach, colon and lungs. These compounds help block carcinogens from entering cells and slow the development of tumors.
- Green tea. Green tea contains flavonoids that prevent the development of breast, liver, colon and prostate cancers. Green tea also contains antioxidants that seem to prevent cancer cells from dividing. Green tea is consumed daily in eastern countries and may explain why cancer rates there appear to be lower.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes contain the compound lycopene, which has been shown to prevent many types of cancer, such as prostate, breast, lung and stomach cancers. Lycopene is an antioxidant that attacks free radicals in the body.
- Flaxseeds. Flaxseeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are believed to prevent colon cancer. Flax also contains lignans which work like an antioxidant to block cancerous changes in the body. Of the foods that prevent cancer, flax is one of the easiest to include in the diet. Add flaxseeds to soups, sprinkle on vegetables and rice, and bake into muffins.
- Blueberries. Various compounds in blueberries help prevent cancer of the liver and prostate. Sterol compounds and anthocyanin work with other antioxidants in blueberries to fight against free radical damage to cells and tissues in the body. Research has demonstrated that blueberries have strong anti-cancer properties. They are delicious, nutritious, and best of all, they prevent cancer.
Protect your health by maintaining a diet that includes regular consumption of the 5 foods that prevent cancer. Garlic, green tea, tomatoes, flaxseeds and blueberries are available year round. Make them a part of your daily diet.