Want to learn about 5 foods that prevent colds? Selecting the right foods to include in your diet keeps you healthy. Relying on vitamins does not give you all nutrients your body needs. Here are some foods to add to your meals easily, adding the nutrients you need to prevent colds.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Eating more fruit helps your immune system to be a powerful force to keep away colds. Add any fruit that is in season in your area to prevent colds. Apples, bananas, and oranges are usually available all year round. Add grapefruit and pears along with watermelon and berries when in season. Fruit is a great substitute for dessert. Eating a bowlful of different fruit provides a good completion to any meal. Chopping up apples or oranges to add onto a salad makes for a tasty way to add fruit to your meals. Eat at least 5 servings a day. Consuming 100% fruit juice is another way to add fruit to your daily intake. Blend frozen fruit with other ingredients for a smoothie and you will soon have the recommended amount for each day for the right foods to prevent colds.
- Vegetables of the fresh or frozen kind always help. Adding vegetables to meals gives your body the needed nutrients in addition to fruits to prevent colds. Eat a few carrot sticks along with your sandwich instead of chips. Add avocado slices to your salad or sandwich. Tomato slices make great additions as well. Vegetable or tomato soup creates a good lunch or starter before a meal. Celery with peanut butter is a yummy snack. Frozen vegetables also contain nutrients and minerals that your body needs to keep your immune system strong. Stores now carry steam bags of veggies that you can pop in the microwave. If you haven’t visited your freezer section, go and see what is new over there for vegetables. Even the kinds with sauce or cheese in them provide some nutrients for your body to prevent colds.
- Garlic does more than keep Count Dracula away. Garlic has been used as a medical aid since 5000 B.C. and adds savory flavor to any food. Raw garlic is the best potent addition to salad dressings and other meals. Chop it yourself or buy it in the store already chopped for you for a great food to prevent colds. Add it to salads, casseroles, soup, and meats while cooking. This addition gives your body antibiotic as well as antiviral protection.
- Onions – not just for crying scenes. Adding onions adds vitamin C to your body which is needed for preventing colds. Killing harmful bacteria is onion’s primary goal to help keep you free from colds. Using onions in recipes, soups, and vegetables adds this food to your meals. While you may not like to chop up an onion, you can certainly find them pre-chopped in the vegetable section of a grocery store or even in the freezer section.
- Protein for body wellness. Eating protein is essential for a healthy immune system used to keep colds away. Add protein through lean meat, eggs, dairy products, and legumes. These contain the necessary minerals your body needs to prevent colds. Iron and zinc are included in lean meats.
Check out this list of salads for men
A real man seduces women with skill, with cunning, with forethought and technique. He removes bra and panties not with a ...
Walk into any supermarket or restaurant and you'll see there are a lot of "healthy" eating options out there, but how ma ...