Learning the 5 foods that prevent depression is very simple. The same foods that fight aging and help the body stay healthy are foods that will lift your mood. Here are the five foods that can elevate your mood and keep your body in top condition.
- Salmon. Salmon is high in Omega-3 fatty acids needs to be consumed on a regular basis to ensure the right amount of Omega-3's in the diet. The brain, which is the center of mood control, needs fats to stay healthy–healthy fats, that is. Salmon, as well as other fish, should be incorporated into your diet.
- Greens. Leafy greens such as spinach are rich in foliate. Foliate regulates the production and synthesis of serotonin in the body. Serotonin has been found to elevates moods. Increase your spinach intake and watch your foliate levels rise.
- Fruit. Fresh fruits, such as apples and oranges, are essential in lifting the mood. Fruits are considered whole foods which have vitamins and minerals needed to keep depression from settling in. Most fruits have vitamin D, which is good for the body. Vitamin D is a proven mood lifter.
- Proteins. Nuts, seeds and beans provide protein. Protein builds muscle, which strengthens the body. Most cases of depression have been found to come from weaknesses in the physical body. Most people who do muscle strengthening exercises and consume protein-rich foods do not experience severe depression.
- Complex carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are important because they balance the diet. Individuals on low carb diets have experienced more bouts of depression compared to people to eat carbohydrates.
Tips & Warnings:
- It is important to keep in mind to cut back on stimulants such as coffee, tea, chocolate and cigarettes.
- Memorize these five foods that fight depression and incorporate them into your diet as often as possible
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …