The 5 foods that prevent gas are the ones you want to avoid so that you can be better prepared to go out socializing after you have eaten these gas makers. Foods such as beans, cabbage, onions, milk products, apples, pears, bananas, melons, peaches, broccoli, green peppers, and more can make you feel the discomfort of excess gas. Carbonated drinks, eggs, fatty foods, and some packaged foods can also be to blame. It is indeed embarrassing to belch or have flatulence in front of other people, although it is perfectly normal to pass gas (which forms during digestion) fifteen to twenty times a day.
Some of those foods that can help you prevent gas are as follows:
- Cook fruits and vegetables before eating. That significantly reduces the fiber content and thus reduces the potential for gas. Cooking is similar to our digestive enzymes—it softens the fiber in plant foods and starts the breaking down of sugars.
- Drinking lots of fluids helps move food through the colon, this includes clear soups. Avoid sodas, beer, and other "fizzy" drinks, however.
- Lemon juice can be taken by itself or combined with water and half a teaspoon of baking soda. This lessens pain, bloating, and flatulence.
- Pumpkin helps a gassy stomach and avoids flatulence because the gas produced is reduced. Pumpkin can be made into a soup, put into pancakes and waffles, and can be steamed or baked with spices.
- Spices themselves are surprisingly helpful. Using ones such as ginger, peppermint, sage, coriander, and chamomile can help to prevent gas. If you don't want to eat a fresh piece of ginger immediately after meals, you can cut down the strength by mixing 1 teaspoon of grated ginger with 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.