Here are 5 foods that prevent gout, a painful condition resulting from a high level of uric acid. There are volumes written about what foods not to eat to prevent a build up of uric acid that accompanies a gout outbreak. However, there are certain foods that you should have on your menu to prevent gout pain. Of course, talk to your doctor about all changes in diet plans.
- Cherries: It stops the common cold, it builds up the immune system, and it controls gout outbreaks—vitamin C is the superman of vitamins. Vitamin C is easy to get from fruits; however, there is a drawback to fresh fruits. Generally considered healthy, fruit is usually a no-no on a gout diet due to the high sugar (albeit natural) content that contributes to uric acid in the system. Cherries are one of the 5 foods that prevent gout. They are a great, low sugar, way to get additional vitamin C in a natural food source.
- Spinach: Popeye isn't the only one who benefits from eating spinach, but he probably knew it was one of the 5 foods that prevent gout. This high in iron vegetable is also alkaline based so it helps combat uric acid in the system. Spinach is also a good source of fiber to help you flush the acid out of your system.
- Avocados: Another fruit that has a very low sugar content and contributes to a higher alkaline level in the body is the avocado. Avocados are one of the 5 foods to prevent gout, but be careful not to substitute too much of this high fat foot in exchange for a higher alkaline level. Weight gain contributes to gout as well even when caused by a "good food."
- Bananas: Low sugar, high alkaline and high potassium dynamos: bananas make a great menu addition to the 5 foods to prevent gout. Potassium is an important ingredient in the fight against gout. It breaks down the uric acid crystals so they flush out of the system easier and faster.
- Water and Tea: Although they are drinks, water and tea are a very important addition to your 5 foods to prevent gout. Water keeps your system flowing properly and provides necessary hydration, but in the case of gout it does even more, it provides the impetus to move the crystallized uric acid out. Tea stimulates the body to excrete excess waste and helps get rid of acid buildup as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."