5 Foods That Prevent Wrinkles
There are at least 5 foods that prevent wrinkles. Some foods that you digest can promote skin health as well as promoting your internal health. Monitoring your diet closely has immensely positive effects, including feeding strong bones, increasing energy and yes--some foods can prevent the normal wears and tears of aging. Sometimes even age reversal has been witnessed when continuing with a healthy lifestyle.
- Salmon has Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acid acts as a natural lubricant for the skin from the inside. A natural lubricant keeps the skin soft and supple and helps it retain its elasticity. One medium sized portion of Salmon two or three times a week can actually reduce wrinkles over time.
- Orange vegetables are another wrinkle fighting food. Tasty vegetables such as squash, pumpkin or peppers are packed full of antioxidants which are natural wrinkle preventers. Paired with a small portion of fish; you can achieve double the effects of age defying power. As an added bonus, these foods are very tasty together.
- Nuts fight wrinkles as well. Almonds and cashew nuts are particularly well known for their wrinkle fighting properties. Nuts contain certain fats that not only combat wrinkles but also boost brain power. Almonds, for instance, have been linked with preventing Alzheimer's.
- Leafy vegetables that contain Iron are especially good wrinkle fighters. Kale and spinach, for example, contain Iron, Vitamin A, Lutein and antioxidants. These leafy greens are very scrumptious in salads or on sandwiches and are cancer fighters as well. Not only do you promote your skin health but you also cut down your risk for disease too.
- Olive oil is not only beneficial when digested but is also good when applied directly to the skin. This cooking oil has been proven to have properties which prevent wrinkles. Olive oil contains healthy fats which keep the skin supple and well maintained. Olive oil is very effective at repairing damaged skin cells as well.