What is metabolism and what are 5 foods that raise metabolism? Metabolism is a collection of chemicals in the body that converts the fuel in the food we eat into energy. The basal metabolic rate (BMR) measures the rate that a person’s body burns energy (a form called calorie) during rest. Everyone’s BMR is different. This rate is based on age, stress level and your health. It is also determined by body size, genetics, as well as muscle mass. If your metabolism has slowed down, here are some foods that can help raise it back to normal.
- Broccoli is a great food to raise metabolism. It has calcium and vitamin C. The metabolic generator is calcium, and the vitamin C helps the body to intake more calcium.
- Cinnamon is a spice that you can add to tea or toast, or just about anything you would like to add it to. It helps to metabolize sugars and helps to balance sugar levels. Besides having a great taste, cinnamon also helps lower cholesterol.
- Jalapenos have an ingredient in them called capsaicin. This spicy vegetable will speed up your metabolism and heart rate. Hours after you have eaten jalapenos, they will continue to burn calories.
- Mangoes, which is a tropical fruit, is also a metabolism booster. It is so sweet, it’s kind of like having a dessert. It is bountiful in vitamin C, phosphorus and vitamin B12, as well as being a great source of protein and fiber.
- Asparagus is considered a zero calorie food and a metabolism enhancer. It contains antioxidants and nutrients that will speed up your metabolism and help keep it balanced.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.