5 Foods That Reduce Blood Pressure
Have you ever wondered what are 5 foods that reduce blood pressure? Here are five of the best foods to eat to help you lower your blood pressure without taking any medications.
- Bananas Due to their high potassium content, bananas are a great breakfast food to help lower your blood pressure. If you start off your day with a banana, it is like sweeping your system clean.
- Oatmeal If you slice the banana and toss it on some steel cut oatmeal, you will get a double dose of protection. Steel cut oatmeal, without the added sugar of some “quick” varieties, is high in magnesium, which also works to lower blood pressure.
- Spinach Dark, leafy spinach is a great source of iron and potassium. The iron helps your blood to work more efficiently while carrying oxygen. The potassium lowers blood pressure.
- Garlic In addition to adding a kick to many dishes, garlic is a food that helps lower blood pressure. Studies have shown that one clove a day can help reduce blood pressure.
- Broccoli This vegetable is rightfully known as a super food. Broccoli is packed with vitamins and nutrients. It helps to lower blood pressure while providing several other vitamins that fight cancer by blocking free radicals.
You can easily incorporate these foods into your daily diet to spread out the benefits. For breakfast, have steel cut oatmeal with bananas. For lunch, have a salad with spinach leaves. For dinner, use garlic to season your meat and serve steamed broccoli as a side dish. In addition to eating these foods, you should also exercise to help lower your blood pressure. Many people also find that reducing stress in their life along with eating the right foods helps lower their blood pressure.