5 Foods That Speed Metabolism
Don't let concerns about your metabolism get you down, instead learn the top five foods that speed metabolism and get control of your weight loss. The value of foods that accelerate weight loss is constant for men and women, as foods that increase a man's metabolism will have equal benefits for women. The best way to maximize the effects of metabolism-boosting foods is to eat six meals a day. Do not starve yourself, as this will only slow your metabolism and cause your body to hold onto fat more efficiently.
- Eggs. Despite the controversy over eggs and cholesterol, eggs are arguably the most effective food for burning fat by raising your body's metabolism. Eggs are a high source of protein, which raises the body's metabolism by making it work harder to process them.
- Whey protein and flax meal. Eat whey protein and flax meal in the morning to give your brain the healthy carbohydrates it needs to start off the day right. In addition, you will also take in healthy proteins that provide a major boost to your metabolism. Alternating between eggs and a whey protein/flax meal combination will also add variety to your breakfast.
- Broccoli. As part of your lunch or dinner meal, broccoli has a strong fiber content, which is practically indigestible by the human body. In addition to having other benefits, it will force your body to work harder to digest, which will result in raising your metabolism.
- Almonds. Almonds are great for snacks, and will also boost your metabolism. Its numerous other health benefits are why this nut is listed as a super food.
- Steak. Eaten in moderation, a lean steak provides nutrients that help you build more muscle mass. The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you will automatically burn.