5 Fruits That Help You Poop
Looking for a list of 5 fruits that help you poop? While any and all fruits are good for you, if you are looking for fruits that help you poop, you need to look for fruits that are high in fiber. It is recommended that women consume 21 to 25 grams of fiber per day, and that men consume 30 to 38 grams of fiber per day. Fiber helps your digestive tract function properly, which helps you poop. Of course, you should always speak with your personal doctor to see if you have any special fiber needs that need to be taken into consideration.
- Raspberries. Did you know that a single cup of raspberries contains eight grams of fiber? If you are looking for fruits that will help you poop, raspberries should always be at the top of your list. If you aren't a huge fan of eating raspberries raw, you can toss them in your cereal or turn them into a fruit smoothie.
- Pear. A single, medium pear, with skin, has 5.5 grams of fiber. Pears are a very watery fruit that go great with a fruit salad. Or, you can toss a bit of peanut butter on a cut up pear and increase your fiber intake even further.
- Apple. Remember the old saying, an apple a day keeps the doctor away? If you are already eating apples as part of your daily diet, you will be glad to know that a medium apple, with skin, contains 4.4 grams of fiber.
- Strawberries. You should be noticing a trend on this list of fruits that help you poop. Fiber does not have to taste bad. All of these fruits are extremely tasty, especially strawberries. One-and-a-quarter cups of strawberries that are cut in half contain 3.8 grams of fiber.
- Banana. A medium banana contains 3.1 grams of fiber. If you were to combine all of the fruits on this list into a fruit salad, you would be consuming 24.8 grams of fiber, which would certainly help you poop. Plus, you would be benefiting from all of the essential vitamins and minerals that these fruits have.