Here are 5 full contact kickboxing tips that will help you become a better fighter. Make sure you have the right protective equipment, including a fitted mouthpiece and the appropriate footwear. Before you enter the ring, you need to already be in fighting shape. The last thing you want to do is to go in unprepared, and then get knocked out in the first round. Design a workout program that will get you ready to fight for the number of rounds you need. Find a sparring partner and train for full contact kickboxing together, which will speed up your progress.
- The heavy bag is essential for full contact kickboxing. Train at least three days each week on the heavy bag. Be sure your wrists are taped and that you have training gloves. Consider buying some shin guards to use when you train, to reduce the wear and tear on your lower legs. Punch and kick the bag for up to 10 three minute rounds each time you train, and rest for one minute between rounds.
- Do some weight training to prepare for kickboxing. This will help to increase your strength, and will improve your stamina if you also do some circuit training. Train two to three times a week, and use moderate weights with high repetitions. Schedule your weight training around the heavy bag, so you can recover from the workout.
- Make sure you work on your cardio. Jump rope, or run around a track. Do speed work such as sprinting, and distance running to build up your endurance for full contact kickboxing. Try to do cardio three times a week, preferably in the mornings on the days you are weight training.
- Do some hand speed training. Use a speed bag, and also do some shadow boxing. Try to work on your hand and foot speed on the days that you do heavy bag work. Do around 10 three minute rounds of speed training.
- Spar at least one time each week. Train with a partner that is better than you, so you can improve your kickboxing skills. Work on your kicking and punching technique. Make sure your defensive skills are solid, and have your partner give you some advice on how to pace yourself during a fight. Once you are confident in your skills, you will be ready for a real fight.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …