5 Fun First Dates
Not sure how to impress, well here are ideas for 5 fun first dates. Asking someone out on a date may seem like the biggest hurdle, but making sure that you make a good impression with that first date may be the only chance you get. The following list explores different options for a successful first date.
- A movie in the park or at the drive-in- A first date is all about getting to know someone, so you should veto the idea of seeing a film in the theater right away. It is impossible and rude to talk to each other in a typical cineplex. Choosing to see a movie outside in a picnic in the park, or finding a drive-in allows for a romantic, nostalgic form of movie-going and no one is going to shhh you. This date allows you to have the ability to chat but also have a distraction during those awkward pauses. The one major issue that may arise in this date is actually locating a drive-in theater, which have been slowly disappearing from the cultural landscape.
- The Arcade- Sometimes it can be a blast to act like a kid, and where would a kid want to go more than the arcade? This is a relatively cheap date that should entertain anyone who isn't a complete bore. Friendly competition can be great foreplay, so attempting a good air hockey game may be a good idea. The time will fly by and you can really get to know the person while having a genuinely good time. It is also fairly easy to locate an arcade no matter where you live.
- Dinner and Dancing- If you are able to locate a restaurant that includes dancing, that is a recipe for a good time. After clubs became popular, a traditional dinner and dancing environment became a thing of the past, but there is a lot to say about going old-school. Plan the evening like you are one of the ad men in "Mad Men," with suits and cocktail dresses. As for ordering drinks, take a pass at the beer or margaritas and try a Vodka gimlet or a Manhattan. The idea of a theme night might be the fun you and your date need. It's always sexy to be classy.
- The Zoo- The zoo is another place that incorporates whimsy and just a plain good time. There are very few people who think that they are too old to go to the zoo. Animals are always entertaining, and there are plenty of other exhibits that can peak any date's interests. There is also the advantage of appearing to be a very sensitive person for even suggesting the date. If you do go to the zoo and your date has a fit, it may be a good indicator of more problems down the road. Who doesn't love a good monkey exhibit?
- Test Drive Cars- This date idea is for those who really want to be wacky. The idea is for you and your date to make up completely fictional personas and proceed to go to a car dealership and attempt to test drive cars as those fake people. It can be a lot of fun to role play, even so early on in a relationship where you are supposed to be getting to know each other. If your date isn't up for doing something so random, don't take that as a bad sign, just simply ask them what they would prefer to do. If you do find someone who would like to try this game of pretend, enjoy the ride.