If you are contemplating whether gardasil vaccination is appropriate for a family member, there are five Gardasil side effects that you should know about before you make your decision. Gardasil vaccine provides protection against the human papillomavirus (HPV), which has the potential to cause cervical cancer as well as genital warts. The vaccine is generally given to females 11 to 26 years.
- People who take the injections experience pain, swelling and bruising at the site of the injection. The injected site may become red and itchy lasting between one or two days. These types of side effects are common occurrence in most injections taken and generally not a major concern.
- According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), Gardasil side effects include fainting immediately after administering of the vaccine. CDC Vaccine Adverse Reporting System (VAERS) showed 93% of all reports were due to fainting and pain at the vaccine site and are not serious. Since, these symptoms are generally common with injections for adolescents. However, CDC recommends that health care providers advise patients to remain seated up to 15 minutes after the procedure. This is to avoid fainting, which may lead to serious injuries, if patient falls.
- Short term side effects of using Gardasil includes joint pain, trouble sleeping, coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, weakness and chills. These side effects generally are not serious, and they will go away in a couple of days.
- Severe side effects that occur after taking Gardasil include appendicitis, inflammation of the stomach lining and intestines, pelvic pain and arthritis, these symptoms rarely happens. Thus, anyone experiencing these symptoms may need to contact their health care provider.
- Numerous reports in the media regarding death after using Gardasil, there have been no report to substantiate those claims. According to the Center for Disease Control, after reviewing autopsy, death certificate as well as other records, there was no indication that Gardasil usage causes these deaths. In fact, other factors cause the death of the patients in question.
The FDA as well as the manufacturer is continuing studies to assess the effects of using Gardasil vaccine. Anyone with side effects after having this vaccine may contact their health care provider for assistance.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.