5 Gifts For Retirement
When reading an article boasting to have ideas on 5 gifts for retirement, it is a good idea to remember that expense does not always mean the best. Sure, every one would probably like an all-expense paid trip to Hawaii or new gold and diamond inlaid watch, but let’s face it, these retirement gift ideas are not necessarily the most practical. When you begin searching for the perfect gift for retirement, keep in mind that best gifts are those that come from the heart.
- Framed pictures, scrapbooks and mementos make great gifts for retirement. When purchasing a gift for the retiree, it is important to keep in mind that he is leaving somewhere he spent one-third of his days for 25 or more years. Why not give him a way to remember everything? Frame some pictures. Have everyone from the office get together to make a scrapbook. These types of gifts are sure to make a person feel special and it may help make leaving seem a little less sad.
- Gift certificates make great gifts. When a person retires, he now has all the time in the world to rest, relax and have fun. Why not help them do so? Get the retiree a gift card to a spa or hotel resort. Buy him a round of golf. Basically, you want to figure out how he likes to relax and then make it happen. You can even get a large group together and purchase a plan ticket and hotel combination. This will certainly help him celebrate retirement in style.
- Buy a hobby-related retirement gift. Your retiree may like to golf or may like to garden. Keep in mind he is now going to have a lot of time to pursue these passions, so buy him a gift that relates to his hobbies: a set of golf balls or golf clubs, or a rose bush. The gift does not have to be big; it just has to prove that you know the person and you wish him well.
- Personalizing a gift is also a good way to go. Many people get watches engraved or buy personalized clocks as gifts for retirement. Gold pens and plaques also make good gifts. Do not be fooled into thinking that these gifts are cheesy; they have stood the test of time. These gifts are basically trophies that allow a person to realize that they have indeed accomplished something.
- Gag or joke gifts can also fun to give. There is always some person who thinks that it is fun to poke fun at someone who has just retired. Do not be afraid to be this person. Fill up a basket or box of fun gag gifts. This will certainly bring a smile to everyone’s face as they see the clever ideas you came up with.