5 Gluten Free Vegan Recipes
You can use five gluten free vegan recipe ideas when preparing meals for your girlfriend or wife who has a very strict diet. Many people choose to be vegans for ethical or health reasons, but the majority of people who eat gluten-free do so because of a gluten allergy. No matter what the reason, research what it means to be a vegan and how to eat gluten-free before attempting to prepare these recipes.
Vegan Baked Apples
- 3 pounds apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Peel and chop about three pounds of apples.
- Combine the chopped apples with the other vegan, gluten free ingredients. This includes one cup of brown sugar, one cup of pineapple juice, two tablespoons of ground cinnamon and two tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake the vegan, gluten free apple mixture in a cake pan. It will take about 30 to 45 minutes for the apples to get soft.
Gluten Free Breakfast Brown Rice
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup raisons
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- Add the main vegan, gluten free ingredients to a slow cooker. This includes one cup of long grain brown rice, one cup of water and one cup of apple juice.
- Mix in the secondary vegan, gluten free ingredients. Add ½ a cup of raisons and about ½ a tablespoon of cinnamon to the slow cooker for more flavor.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for about eight to ten hours. Combine the ingredients the night before, and enjoy this vegan and gluten-free breakfast rice in the morning.
Gluten Free Bean Dip
- 1 can rinsed pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped scallions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- A few handfuls fresh cilantro
- Salt, cumin and cayenne to taste
- Place vegan and gluten free ingredients into a food processor. This includes one can of pinto beans after rinsing them thoroughly, two tablespoons of lime juice, one peeled and chopped tomato, one chopped scallion, two minced garlic cloves, a few handfuls of fresh cilantro and spices to taste, including salt, cumin and cayenne.
- Puree the ingredients. When it’s done, add one freshly peeled and chopped tomato and one freshly chopped scallion.
Gluten Free Garlic Hummus
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can rinsed chickpeas
- ¼ cup water
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Dash cayenne powder
- Add two cloves of garlic to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour in one can of rinsed chickpeas, and ¼ a cup of water. Puree the chickpeas.
- Add 1/8 a cup of lemon juice as the mixture purees.
- Add spices. This includes 1/8 a cup of ground cumin, ¼ a teaspoon of paprika and a dash of cayenne powder. Continue pureeing for another minute to blend all the vegan, gluten free ingredients fully.
Vegan Spicy Lentils
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 minced green chili pepper
- ½ cup medium-hot picante sauce
- 5 minced cloves garlic
- 2 chopped medium onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup rinsed dry lentils
- 1 quart chopped tomatoes
- Toast the cumin seeds. Add ½ a teaspoon of cumin seeds to a dry frying pan for a few minutes. Be careful not to let them burn.
- Add all gluten free, vegan ingredients to a slow cooker. This includes the toasted cumin seeds, one minced green chili pepper, half a cup of medium-hot picante sauce, five minced cloves of garlic, two chopped medium onions, one teaspoon of sugar, ¼ a cup of rinsed dry lentils and one quart of freshly chopped tomatoes.
- Let the vegan lentil dish cook on low. It will take about six to eight hours for the lentils to get tender.