If you’re having company over for Thanksgiving, satisfy your guests' stomachs with these 5 goat cheese appetizers for Thanksgiving. Goat cheese provides a rich, powerful flavor to any dish.
Stuffed Goat Cheese Mushrooms
- 24 mushrooms
- Clove of garlic, chopped
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees. Wash and de-stem the mushrooms.
- Mix goat cheese and garlic into a paste. Fill the mushrooms with the cheese mixture and top with pepper and salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, on a non-stick cooking tray. Take the mushrooms out when lightly browned.
Bruschetta with Goat Cheese
- 1 French baguette loaf
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 chopped tomatoes
- 15 crushed basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Slice baguette bread. Coat each slice with olive oil. Bake the bread slices on a cooking sheet for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cream cheese, goat cheese, and crushed basil into a paste and spread on the baguette slices. Top with chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 5 minutes. Take the sheet out of the oven once the cheese has lightly melted.
Goat Cheese Torte
- 1 pound softened goat cheese
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 10 ounces basil pesto
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- Combine goat cheese, cream cheese, and butter with a mixer at medium speed. Pour 1/3 of the mixture into a 6-inch cake pan lined with cheesecloth.
- Pour half of the basil and sun-dried tomatoes over it. Pour another third of the goat cheese mixture in, then top with the remaining basil and tomatoes. Pour the last third of cheese mixture over.
- Cover the top of the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When ready to eat, invert the torte cake and remove cheesecloth. Serve with bread or crackers.
Pear and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- 2 peeled and sliced pears
- 10 large tortillas
- 2 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat a skillet at medium high. Fry the pears in butter until golden-brown, then remove.
- Sprinkle goat cheese on a tortilla and top with a serving of pears. Sandwich another tortilla on top.
- Heat a skillet at medium heat. Place the quesadilla on the skillet for 1-3 minutes or until lightly browned, then flip the quesadilla and cook for another 1-3 minutes.
- Slice the cooked quesadillas into small squares. Serve with balsamic vinaigrette.
Goat Cheese Dates
- 4 ounces softened goat cheese
- 20 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons creme
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ounce crushed walnuts
- Mix the goat cheese, cream cheese, and cream together, until soft and creamy. Slice the dates down the middle and de-pit them.
- Stuff each date with cheese. Top with salt and a small sprinkling of walnuts.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
Dove Men Shave Cream