These 5 gourmet slow cooker recipes will impress your family and friends, but you won’t be in the kitchen all day. Put one of these slow cooker recipes on in the morning and by dinner, you’ll be ready to serve a delicious meal. These slow cookers recipes are easy to prepare and elegant to serve.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 whole chicken
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 branches fresh rosemary
- Put the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the whole chicken on the bed of onions.
- Rub olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper. Put in thyme and rosemary.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and turn it on low for eight hours.
- 4 to 6 oz. salmon filets
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put one cup of water and a half-cup of white wine in the slow cooker and turn it on high for 25 minutes.
- Add onion, slices lemon and a sprig of fresh dill, along with a teaspoon of salt.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for twenty minutes. Eat it hot or chilled.
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 4 zucchini, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 6 basil leaves, sliced (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ bunch parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- In the slow cooker put down a layer of onions, eggplant, zucchini, garlic cloves, green bell peppers and tomatoes.
- On top of the vegetables add basil, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the mixture. Turn onto low and cook for about eight hours.
- Mix together and serve hot or at room temperature. This is one of the best vegetarian slow cooker recipes to serve.
Thai Pork With Peanut Sauce
- Nonstick spray
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 4 to 8 ounce boneless pork chops
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place red bell peppers and pork chops into the slow cooker.
- Pour teriyaki sauce, vinegar, red pepper flakes and garlic over the pork chops.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for eight to nine hours.
- Stir in the peanut butter and cook for ten minutes.
- Put onto a serving dish and sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.
- Serve with lime wedges and Thai rice.
Braised Osso Bucco
- 6 veal shanks
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 ¼ cups chicken stock
- 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Mix flour with salt and pepper. Toss veal shanks with flour to coat it evenly.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Put the veal in the skillet and brown on all sides.
- In the slow cooker put the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Put the meat on top of the vegetables.
- Pour chicken stock over the meat and add the can of undrained diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle oregano over the top and add the bay leaf on top.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, set to low and let cook for eight hours until the meat is tender.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …