5 Gourmet Thanksgiving Recipes
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, why not make this year’s family gathering unique with one of these 5 gourmet Thanksgiving recipes. If you’re tired of the same menu every year, you can add one or two gourmet Thanksgiving recipes to the menu for an exciting change. Variety is the spice of life, so try one of these gourmet Thanksgiving recipes, or one of your own, to add something new to tempt everyone’s taste buds!
Thanksgiving Recipe for Sweet Potato Gratin with Chile-Spiced Pecans
- 5 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 c. pecans
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 c. mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cook sweet potatoes on baking sheet for 70 minutes.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add pecans, sugar, chipotle powder, and cook at medium for eight minutes until sugar caramelizes and pecans are coated.
- Spread mix on baking sheet with parchment liner. Sprinkle salt and cool.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop insides out. Discard skin.
- Puree honey, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves, and add cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pureed mix to potatoes in baking dish. Put marshmallows on top.
- Bake in upper oven 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
Thanksgiving Recipe for Celery Salad with Walnuts, Dates, and Pecorino
- 1 1/4 c. walnuts
- 1 small minced shallot
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp. walnut oil
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 lbs. celery, sliced thin on bias
- 3/4 c. dried pitted Medjool dates, quartered lengthwise
- 3 oz. shaved dry pecorino cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts in pie plate and toast eight minutes. Let cool and chop coarsely.
- Combine shallot and sherry vinegar in small bowl. Whisk in oils. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss walnuts, celery, dates and pecorino in large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss.
Thanksgiving Recipe for White-Bean Soup with Bacon and Herbs
- 1 1/4 lbs. thick-sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped Spanish onion
- 1 finely diced large carrot
- 2 finely diced celery ribs
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- 2 fresh bay leaf
- 2 tsp. chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary
- 1 lb. Great Northern beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 10 c. chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon in large soup pot on medium. Stir until brown and crisp seven minutes. Drain and keep fat.
- Heat olive oil in soup pot.
- Add onion, carrot and celery, cook on medium for eight minutes.
- Stir in garlic, bay leaf and one tsp. each of thyme and rosemary and cook two more minutes.
- Add drained beans, stock and three tbsp. fat. Boil.
- Simmer on low one and a half hours.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in remaining thyme and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in bowls and garnish with bacon.
Thanksgiving Recipe for Honey Walnut Pie
- 1 batch sweet dough
- 2 c. walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 c. honey (or corn syrup)
- ¾ c. sugar
- 3 lg. eggs
- 6 tbsp. butter
- Pinch of salt
- On low heat, combine sugar and honey in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove sauce pan and add butter until melted.
- Whisk eggs with pinch of sale in separate bowl.
- Add honey and butter to eggs and keep whisking, but do not over mix. Cool.
- Roll dough and place in pie pan. Trim edges.
- Place walnuts in center of pie.
- Remove foam from syrup. Pour over walnuts in center.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake 45 minutes to one hour.
Thanksgiving Recipe for Tomato And Vodka Appetizer
- 1 box ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c. cold vodka
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- Blanch tomatoes, cool and peel.
- Put toothpick in each and arrange in bowl.
- Dip tomato into vodka and then dip in salt.