5 Great Summer Recipes
The five great summer recipes are sure to cool you off and keep the kitchen from heating up. Try these five great summer recipes for a refreshing summer treat.
Fruit Dip. To make fruit dip you will need:
- 1 (8 ounce) package strawberry cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- milk (if needed)
- Fruit, pound cake, or marshmallows for dipping
- Blend the strawberry cream cheese, marshmallow creme, sugar and vanilla extract with a food processor or mixer.
- If the dip is too thick, thin it with a tablespoon of milk at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
Orange Ice. To make orange ice you will need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Boil sugar and water together for five minutes. Cool.
- Add fruit juices and zest. Strain and put in ice tray or container.
- Freeze until firm.
This is a great summer recipe for those hot summer days.
Peach Sunday Sauce. To make peach sundae sauce you will need:
- 4 peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Peel peaches and remove the pit. Crush fine with masher or in the food processor.
- Mix peaches, sugar and orange juice in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for fifteen minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Serve warm over ice cream. Top with chopped walnuts.
Strawberry Gelatin Salad. Here is a great summer recipe to add to your favorite ice cream. To make strawberry gelatin salad you will need:
- 2 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 can fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- In large bowl, dissolve gelatin in hot water. Add cold water. Stir in fruit. Pour into shallow pan.
- Place in refrigerate until firm.
Stuffed Tomato. To make stuffed tomato, you will need:
- 4 cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs, minced
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 avocado sliced
- Mix all ingredients together. Add the mayonnaise so that the tuna salad is the consistency you like. Chill.
- Cut the top off the tomato and scoop out the tomato pulp leaving a small amount of pulp in the bottom of the tomato.
- Fill the tomato with the tuna salad. Garnish with slices of avocado.
Try one of these great summer recipes at your next summer get together. Your friends and family will enjoy the cool, refreshing flavors of these great summer recipes.