5 Great Vegetarian Recipes For Christmas
So you've been thinking about cooking 5 great vegetarian Christmas recipes for your vegetarian friends? Here is all you need to know. These recipes are simple yet exciting. They are easy to make and flavorful. While your family and friends love eating them; you will love cooking them. Happy cooking!
1. Pumpkin Bread
This vegetarian Christmas recipe will win you praise from your friends and family for it is bursting with flavor.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- Grease and flour three 7x3 inch, loaf pans.
- Blend the wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar in a bowl.
- Separately, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger in a bowl.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. '
- Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Its ready when toothpick inserted, comes out clean.
2. Apple Pie
This Christmas recipe is simple and semi-homemade. It is sure to impress your family and friends without stressing you out.
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9-inch-double-crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour to form a paste and add water, white sugar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and let simmer.
- Place the crust in your pan and mound apples in it. Cover with a latticed crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until the apples are soft.
3. Gingerbread Men Cookies
You can make these cookies about 4 to 5 days before consumption and store in an airtight container. Children and adults alike will love this fun Christmas recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. ground Ginger
- 1 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed brown-sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar separately, until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Beat in flour mixture until well mixed. Press dough into a flat disk and plastic wrap it. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges of cookies are set and begin to brown. Let cool.
4. Sweet-Rosemary Roasties
This great Christmas recipe is vegan to wow your vegan friends. It is simple and easy to cook.
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 3 large sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put peeled and cut potatoes into boiling salt water. Boil and cook until slightly softened on the outside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together. Tip in the cooked potatoes and toss them in the dressing.
- Put the coated potatoes on a non-stick baking tray and spread out in a single layer. Bake until a golden color is achieved. Cook for longer if you want them crispier.
5. Herby Creamed Carrots
Your friends and family will enjoy this hearty vegetarian Christmas recipe.
- 1 to 1.5 pounds peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 large clove garlic
- 5 tbs. double cream
- 1 tsp. finely-chopped fresh sage
- ½ large lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Caster sugar
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 tsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Steam carrots until soft.
- Pat dry and blend with the remaining ingredients until pureed in a blender or food processor.
- Pour on a greased dish and cover with foil and reheat in the oven for about 10 minutes. Serve topped with sage leaves.