5 Guy Outfits With Cardigans
If you are looking for a way to jump start your wardrobe, try one of these 5 guy outfits with cardigans. The cardigan doesn't just belong in your girlfriend's closet or on the backs of people like Mr. Rogers anymore. With the right accessories and other garments, you can make a simple cardigan look sexy and stylish.
- Solid, dark color cardigan with a deep V-neck. Pair dark colored cardigans, such as a deep navy, hunter green or even eggplant, with a pair of dark, wool flannel pants for an guy outfit you can wear to the office or on a date. Just make sure the color of the cardigans isn't the same as the color of the pants. Complete the outfit with a white button down shirt, left unbuttoned at the top, a pair of wing tipped oxfords and a dark belt.
- Lighter color cardigans with crew neck and zip opening. Zippered cardigans can be troublesome for some guys. Leave the cardigans half unzipped and pair with either a solid color or subtly printed t-shirt for a relaxed, weekend look. If you go with a printed shirt, you want something that will just peek out of the cardigan's opening. Finish the outfit with a dark brown belt, pair of medium wash jeans and canvas sneakers.
- Varsity cardigans. Pair a collegiate looking cardigan with a simple stripe up its placket or around its arm with a striped button shirt. Try to match the color of the stripes on the cardigan with the strips on the shirt. Wear the cardigans with a pair of dark rinse, fitted jeans and black oxfords.
- Argyle V-neck cardigans. Leave the bottom two buttons and the top buttons undone on your argyle print, v-neck cardigans and wear with a simple white t-shirt underneath. Finish off the outfits with khaki pants or jeans.
- Shawl collar cardigans. You'll look adorable in cardigans with a large shawl collar. Look for cardigans with front pockets for an extra comfortable and casual look. Complete the outfit with a matching plaid button shirt, solid, dark color tie and jeans.