5 Guys Fashion Tips
Looking for 5 guys fashion tips? Five is really all you need. Don't go overboard with trends or just buy the first thing you find on the rack. Find your best look with these five fashion tips for guys.
- Make it fit. No matter what your personal style is, the number one fashion tip for guys is that your clothes should fit. Long sleeves should end past the bony part of your wrist, but not be so long they cover part of your hand. Your buttons should not gap on a button-up shirt. Your pants should not give you muffin top unless you have a muffin top without pants on, and the pant legs should end about a half-inch to an inch off the ground.
- Color is okay. Relying on all neutrals to make sure everything in your wardrobe matches makes for a very boring outfit. For this fashion tip for guys, you should have denim, shades of tan, and maybe some brown or gray on the lower half. (Black pants are too harsh looking unless you're dressed in a business suit.) But in your shirt collection, you should include some colors. Just don't look like a brand new crayon and pick something too bright. Shirts that have color but don't look like they're advertising a yard sale will be just fine.
- Carry it in style. The bag you carry all your stuff in might not seem like a fashion element, but ask any woman how important her handbag is to her overall look, and you will quickly get the picture. If you want to be taken seriously and you're not in junior college anymore, consider investing in a shoulder bag made of leather to carry your laptop and other necessities. With this fashion tip for guys, the better the quality, the better you will look.
- Make the shoe fit. Just like the shoulder bag or laptop case, shoes do indicate your level of maturity and whether or not you understand style. The number four fashion tip for guys is to buy a new pair of shoes at least once a year. The best thing to do if you don't understand shoe styles and what you might like beyond the classic sneaker? Don't go wild with trendy and obvious styles, just upgrade one element like a different sole or a different material. If you don't like your choice, do what the women do and go shoe shopping again.
- Buy a great jacket. When your clothes aren't clean or if your favorite shirt is missing, you can rely on a well-made, structured jacket to give you some style. For this guys fashion tip, be sure it's not too long. A jacket shouldn't cover your entire behind. Don't buy a jacket with elastic at the waist. Buy one with arms that are long enough and that doesn't pull across the back when you reach your arms forward. If you're not sure about how to choose a jacket, you can't go wrong with a classic style in leather or canvas. If you follow these fashion tips for men, you won't have to feel unsure or embarrassed in social situations again.
Posted on: Nov. 26, 2010