Fall is the perfect time for baking and these 5 Halloween Baked Treats are fun and delicious. Get creative with decorating these treats; add shredded coconut, M&Ms or other candies, sprinkles, nuts and dried fruits. Sure to warm your home, heart and belly.
- 2 cups winter squash or pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Beat together in a mixing bowl and pour into lightly greased 11 x 17-inch jelly roll pan.
- 3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup apple or orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees, bake for about 45 minutes in a rectangular cake pan.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking soda, ginger, allspice, and cinnamon in a large bowl, and stir to mix well. Add the pumpkin, apple or orange juice, oil, and molasses, and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the raisins or dates.
- Coat four round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the batter evenly among the pans, and tap each pan onto a flat surface to smooth out the batter.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let sit for 15 minutes. Invert the loaves onto a wire rack, turn right side up, and cool to room temperature. Wrap the loaves in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and let sit for several hours before slicing and serving.
- Use the Pumpkin Gingerbread recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake 22 to 25 minutes.
- Line cupcake molds with paper liners; fill nearly full.
- Decorate with orange and black icing.
- Gingerbread cookie cutter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup soymilk
- 2 1/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees, bake 7-8 minutes. In preparation, lightly oil two or three baking sheets with vegetable oil, then dust with flour.
- Mix the sugar (or fructose), ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the molasses and soymilk and mix well. Add 1 cup of flour and mix well. Mix in enough of the remaining flour to make very stiff dough.
- On a floured surface, roll a portion of the dough with a flour-dusted rolling pin to 1/8 inch thick (or even thinner if you like them crispy). Cut the dough using the gingerbread man cookie cutter.
- Using a spatula, carefully transfer to baking sheets. Bake about 20 minutes. Cool on a baking sheet and store in an airtight container.
- Using white icing tubes to decorate like skeletons.
- Halloween Cookie Cutters
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, bake for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Coat the cookie baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and egg together until creamy. Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the dough very well and refrigerate for two hours.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick on a slightly floured surface.
- Cut cookies into fun Halloween shapes. Make sure you let the cookies completely cool before frosting them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …