5 Halloween Food Recipes
Halloween food recipes are silly, ghoulish and fun. Serve your guests a blood drink, creepy cheese spiders or classic caramel apples. Your Halloween party will be a hit if you serve one or all of these tasty treats.
Vampire's Blood Beverage
- Cranberry juice
- Orange juice
- Club soda
- Raspberry sherbet
- Mix four parts orange juice with four parts cranberry juice. Add one part club soda and one part raspberry sherbet.
- Stir until sherbet is incorporated into the drink.
- Pour the drink into a punch bowl. Use a ladle to pour drink into glasses. Serve this Halloween-inspired beverage to guests with vampire fangs on the side.
Skull and Pumpkin Cookies
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough or homemade sugar cookie dough
- Rolling pin
- Skull shaped cookie cutter
- Pumpkin shaped cookie cutter
- Baking sheet
- Chocolate chips
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Splash of milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Hand mixer
- Orange food dye
Roll out the the sugar cookie dough so that it is 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut out skull and pumpkin shapes using cookie cutters.
Place the cut out cookies on a baking sheet and bake in an 350 degree oven for eight to ten minutes.
- Gather any cookie dough scraps and roll out again. Cut out more cookies and bake.
While cookies are baking, cream the butter with the hand mixer and add the powdered sugar, splash of milk and vanilla. Divide the frosting in half. Mix two teaspoons orange food dye into half of the frosting.
- When cookies are finished baking and have cooled, frost the skulls with the plain frosting. Add chocolate chips to serve as the skull's eyes.
- Frost the pumpkin cookies with the orange frosting. Use the chocolate chips to represent a Jack o' Lantern's eyes and mouth.
Cheesy Spiders and Creepy Crawlies
- Soft cheese rounds (such as Babybel)
- String cheese
- Pretzel sticks
- Unwrap the cheese rounds. Stab four pretzel sticks into one side of the cheese, then stab four more into the other side so that the cheese looks like a little spider.
- Unwrap the string cheese. Push at least three pretzel sticks all the way through the cheese, so that the sticks poke out of both sides.
- Arrange the cheese on a plate so it looks like a spider and insect invasion. Happy Halloween!
Simple Caramel Apples
- Popsicle sticks
- Caramel dip
- Insert a popsicle stick into the bottom center of each apple. Pour the caramel dip into a bowl and dip each apple into the caramel. Rest the apples on parchment paper for a classic Halloween treat.
Ghostly Finger Sandwiches
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread
- Cream cheese
- Ghost cookie cutter
- Slice the pumpernickel bread into half inch thick slices. Lay each slice on a cutting board, then cut out a ghost shape with the cookie cutter.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese over each ghost shaped slice of bread. Leave the sandwiches open faced and arrange on a platter for your Halloween guests to enjoy.