5 Halloween Fruit Snacks
Looking for 5 Halloween fruit snacks? Ghouls, demons, pumpkins and fruits? Yes, fruit! Now you can make some wonderful fruit snacks for the kids at Halloween and not feel guilty for letting them eat candy on Halloween night. This list includes 5 fruit snack ideas for the kids at Halloween time that are guaranteed to cause some spooky fright!
- Make creepy thumb fruit snacks using grapefruit. This is a cute and easy snack. All you need to do is peel the grapefruit and separate it into halves and then quarters. Make sure the skin of the actual grapefruit is peeled and exposing the pulp of the fruit. Place them on a plate and you have some creepy-looking thumbs. Garnish with some strawberry jam for "blood."
- Make a dish of brains using grapes. Gather as many grapes as you want. Skin the grapes and then place the grapes on a dish or in a bowl and voila! Instant fruit snack brains.
- Make a jack-o'-lantern fruit salad using oranges and any other desired fruit. Take an orange and slice the top off. Remove the guts inside to hollow it out. If you would like, carve a jack-o'-lantern face for added effect. Add in slices of bananas, pears, apples, oranges, cherries or whatever you wish for a creepy Halloween fruit snack!
- Make some apples, candy or caramel. You will need apples, caramel cubes, candy coating, sticks and wax paper. This Halloween fruit snack is an oldie but goody, a simple and tasty classic. After washing the apples, place the sticks into them. Use a saucepan to either melt the caramel or make the candy coating (follow the instructions on the box). Once melted, roll the apples to coat them and then place them on wax paper to dry.
- Make pond scum using lime gelatin, fruit and gummy worms. All you need to do for this Halloween fruit snack is place green gelatin into cups. Before it sets you can place gummy worms on the top and have some escaping from the gelatin. Also, add random fruit for added effect. Bananas can make nice little pond rocks or other creepy things!
These easy, simple fruit snack recipes are sure to make a wonderful Halloween treat!