If you long for those gooey, sticky Rice Krispies treats that your mom used to make for you, check out these five Halloween Rice Krispies treats? You'll be happy to know that they're really not hard at all to make. Halloween is the perfect time to make these yummy treats. The gooey concoction easily takes on food coloring, canned frostings and cake decorating gels, and you can also easily mold the mixture into creepy shapes before it hardens. All of the following recipes are a variation of the basic and very easy Rice Krispies treats recipe.
To make Rice Krispies treats you will need:
- three tbsp. butter or margarine
- one package marshmallows
six cups Rice Krispies (or Cocoa Rice Krispies)
- Melt the butter. Use a large saucepan and slowly melt the butter on low heat.
- Add the package of marshmallows to the melted butter. Continuously stir the mixture frequently.
- Wait for the marshmallows to completely melt. Then add the Rice Krispies.
- Stir thoroughly until well-blended. Remove from heat.
- Then pick one of the five best Halloween Rice Krispies treat recipes:
- Pumpkin Heads. While the mixture is still warm, use about 1/4 cup of the mixture to make little balls out of the mixture. Set the balls down on waxed paper or aluminum foil. These are your little pumpkin heads. Make a mixture of red and yellow food coloring to get a good orange color. Add this to some white canned frosting. Frost the pumpkin heads with your orange frosting. Decorate with cake decorating gels or candies for pumpkin faces and stems.
- Cocoa Halloween Cat Treats. Shape the warm mixture into balls. Set them down on waxed paper or aluminum foil. These will be the cats' heads. Use candies to make the cats' eyes, ears, nose, mouth and whiskers.
- Coconut Ghosts. This time, mold the warm mixture into ghost (dome) shapes and set them down on waxed paper or aluminum foil. Dip the little ghosts into chopped coconut. Add ghost eyes and mouth with candies or gels.
- Green Monsters. These are fun, Frankenstein-looking cookie bars. Spread the warm mixture into a baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Let cool, then cut into eight rectangles. Use green frosting to frost your monsters. Use gum drops for the ears and nose. Make squiggly mouths using cake decorating gel.
- Slithery Snakes. While still warm, mold the mixture into snake shapes, making about eight snakes from the above recipe. Place on waxed paper or aluminum foil. Make snake markings with cake decorating gels. Add snake eyes with candies.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?