If you're considering culinary school, don't forget to factor in the five health benefits of being a chef. Add that to the fact that it's the perfect field for a foodie and the popularity you'll gain because you know your way around the kitchen.
- Nutrition. During culinary training, you'll learn how to provide a healthy, well-balanced meal. This will keep nutrition in the forefront of your thinking, making this one of the biggest health benefits of being a chef.
- Variety of foods. The best chefs know how to use contrasting colors when plating food for the best and most attractive presentation. Most of these colors come from the nutrients in the foods, so another of the five health benefits of being a chef is knowing how to serve a wide range of vitamins and minerals.
- Creativity. Being a chef is creative. You'll be able to enjoy the creativity in the job, which will add the health benefit of being a chef by helping lower your stress and add to your job satisfaction.
- Food handling. Another health benefit of being a chef is that you'll know how to handle food in the safest manner. You'll learn this in culinary school, and the public health department will check up on the kitchen where you work to make sure you comply.
- Job stability. There are so many restaurants that need good chefs, you're likely to always have a job. One of the most significant of the five health benefits of being a chef is a steady paycheck, which will help eliminate stress.
Anyone who is a creative type and enjoys good food should consider going into the culinary field. In addition to the five health benefits of being a chef, you'll have the satisfaction of making your customers happy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.