5 Healthy Food Ideas For Breakfast
Eating a healthy breakfast is a smart way to start the day; try these 5 healthy food ideas for breakfast tomorrow morning. Enjoying healthy breakfast foods will get your day off to a good start and make you more productive and better able to concentrate at work or school. If you eat breakfast, you’re also less likely to succumb to the siren call of the doughnut cart mid-morning. Here are some quick and healthy breakfast ideas.
- Oatmeal. This versatile breakfast food can be bought in an instant or slow-cooking variety. It comes in many flavors and is a healthy way to fill up before starting your day. You can add nuts or small bits of fruit to your oatmeal to give it an added healthy kick, if desired.
- Fruit salad is a light, healthy breakfast. If you don’t feel like cutting up fruit yourself, you can find it in the refrigerated section of many grocery stores, as well as frozen in bags near the frozen veggies at your local store. Just make sure to read the ingredients to make sure it’s either fruit alone, or packed in water. Avoid fruit salad packed in corn syrup, as this makes the fruit salad much less healthy.
- Eggs are very nutritious and easy to prepare. If you tend to be running late in the morning, hard boil a bunch of eggs one evening and keep them in the fridge for easy grabbing on your way out the door in the morning.
- Peanut butter is filling and good for you. Spread thinly on whole wheat toast or a bagel for a healthy way to fill your belly. If you are concerned about your weight, there are low sugar and low calorie varieties available. Several brands also proclaim to be all natural, with no additives or preservatives.
- Yogurt is a cheap and easy breakfast option. Some types even have a spoon built into the lid, so all you have to do is grab a cup of it on your way out the door.
Getting a good start to your day is important. Having a healthy breakfast is a good way to do that.