5 Healthy Foods For Skin
We all want to be healthy and we all want to look good, so eating plenty of these five healthy foods for skin can help you out with both of those goals. Generally, foods that are good for the body's overall health are the foods that are best for the skin, because when the body is healthy, the skin is going to show it. But there are some healthy foods for skin that have been shown to help you stay looking healthier and younger on the outside.
- Water - While perhaps not technically a food, water is the number one most important thing you can consume for healthy skin. Drinking eight ounces, eight times a day will keep skin hydrated and help wash impurities out of the body. That can help prevent impurities from popping out of your skin in the form of acne.
- Carrots - The orange vegetable contains lots of vitamin A and beta carotene, both of which are powerful antioxidants and are thought to help to prevent against sun damage and pre-mature aging.
- Oranges and orange juice - Of course, we all know that oranges and their juices are full of vitamin C. Vitamin C is necessary for healthy skin, as it plays a role in the growth and repair of tissues. It's also instrumental in the production of collagen, which helps keep skin young looking. Perhaps most importantly, it can also help decrease the incidence of some cancers - including skin cancers.
- Salmon - Salmon is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been reported to help prevent wrinkles.
- Olive Oil - Olive oil (and other monounsaturated fats) have been found to help skin maintain the proper pH, which helps keep it healthy and glowing.