5 Healthy Lunch Food Options
If you are looking to make your diet healthier, then you might want to check out these 5 healthy lunch food options. These lunch foods are the perfect choices for getting yourself healthy, but just as a side note, remember that to get healthy you need to both eat healthy and exercise regularly.
- A good old fashioned sandwich is a very healthy food option for lunch. There are a few things you need to know to make sure you don’t mess up the sandwich and make it unhealthy. The first is to look at your choice of meat on this healthy food option. Make sure it doesn’t contains nitrates, as they are carcinogens, which are something you really want to avoid in all of your health food decisions. Also remember that with lettuce, a popular addition to most sandwiches, there are absolutely no nutrients or minerals, so it’s like eating nothing; if you want to avoid this, replace the lettuce with spinach leaves, which are high in all kinds of nutrients.
- Have a salad full of different vegetables. Here you are getting lettuce again, which is empty of nutrients, so remember to put some other stuff in your salad, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. These will greatly increase the nutritional value of your salad. For those who want a salad dressing, go with a light ranch as it is much less fattening than regular ranch and some other dressings.
- Have a bowl of fruit for lunch. This may seem like a very empty meal that lacks any, well, food, but if you fill up a big bowl of apples, bananas, strawberries, blackberries, etc., you’ll be surprised at how full you’ll actually be after the meal.
- Water is always a healthy drink option, as is milk. Water is the best thing you can drink most of the time. It will hydrate you and also help you wash down all of this healthy food. Eventually though, after drinking it a lot, you may get tired of it. In this case, throw in some milk for a healthy choice to make sure you get some calcium. Just don’t drink too much, as it is fattening.
- Choose baked foods over fried foods. This isn’t really for just one food, but a good example is chicken. Although you may love fried fast-food chicken, it is killing you and is very unhealthy. But, if you go home and bake all of your chicken instead of frying it, it won’t be cooked in grease and won’t have any skin, greatly increasing its health quality.